Jobs & Opportunities
Reach for new heights
Customer-oriented. Attentive. Problem solver. Communicator. Dedicated. Teammate. Positive. Energized. Are these terms used to describe you?
The unique multi-dimensional character of our company will perpetually create opportunities for persons possessing these basic attributes that also bring the right set of skills and experience or aptitude.
A broader spectrum of applied engineering, research and development presents a rich environment in which to work, develop and expand techical and scientific horizons.
Work in laser, ultrasonic, electromagnetic and thermography based technologies is a platform to create new measurement and sensor systems.
Aerosol manufacturing, printed electronics, crystal growth and material research and development are new initiatives that expand the reach of the company and the technology.
As more systems and services come to market, our demands for people with proven capabilities in operations, sales, marketing, fabrication, machining, technical engineering, fulfillment and customer support will continue to grow.
If this environment fits, we invite you to weigh the growing opportunities available as a contributor and team member of Qi2. We offer competitive salaries and benefits.
Quest Integrated (Qi2.com) is a highly established engineering & development company with over 25 years of experience dedicated to the design and development of non-destructive, quality control and advanced measurement instrumentation and systems for energy, aerospace and industrial applications. Core representative technologies include laser profilometry, advanced ultrasonics, magneto optical imaging and induction thermography. Quest is currently seeking a Mechanical Engineer to join our team. Position will be based out of Kent, Washington.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform conceptual design work in conjunction with other engineering disciplines.
- Work with customer requirements and needs to develop customer centric solutions.
- Perform engineering calculations as necessary.
- Generate conceptual design sketches, assembly drawings and detailed drawings for fabrication and work with machine shops to fabricate the components.
- Assist as needed in manufacturing and the development of manufacturing processes and procedures.
- Assist in the new business development, through ideas, sketches, descriptions and cost estimates.
- Supervise other mechanical engineers or designers.
- Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENT:
- BS or above in Engineering.
- 5 to 15 years of industry experience in developing field equipment.
- Experience with AutoCAD or Solidworks.
- Ability to maintain good working relationships with co-workers, management, vendors and customers.
- Must be willing to work in a multiple project/multiple deadline environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Machine shop experience
- Supervisory experience
Desirable, not required:
- High pressure component design experience
- Experience developing ILI tools, small precision mechanisms, small rotating equipment.
Normal for an office environment. May include occasional exposure to shop environment involving lifting of material and/or products up to 30 pounds - some machinery operation requires the use of safety equipment to include but not limited to eye safety glasses and hearing protection. May also require light travel.
Please respond to firstname.lastname@example.org with resume, cover letter and desired salary. We offer excellent benefits including fully paid medical, 401k match, generous PTO and holidays.